What does Transparency Effect Utility do in Windows 11?
The new transparency effect in Windows 11 refreshes the user interface and improves its aesthetics. The function uses a blur technique to allow the background to show through without hurting the system’s speed.
However, for many people, the transparency effect on their Windows 11 PC does not operate. If this describes you, the solutions listed below can help you resolve the problem.
Why Is the Transparency Effect Not Working on Windows 11?
Here’s a list of all the possible causes of the transparency effect in Windows 11 malfunctioning.
1. If the system battery is low, the transparency effect will be disabled.
2. The problem is most likely to occur if the computer is set to low power mode.
3. The problem could also be caused by an out-of-date Windows version.
All of these factors contributed to the issue. Now, let’s look at all of the possible solutions to the problem.
1. Confirm the Transparency Effect is turned on in Windows Settings.
If the transparency effect is turned off in Windows settings, you won’t be able to view the result. Follow the steps below to enable the transparency effect on Windows 11.
1. Press Win + I to bring up the Settings menu.
2. Go to the left panel and select Personalization.
3. Choose Colors.
4. Enable the Transparency effects toggle.
2. Charge Up Your Laptop
If the laptop battery is less than 20% charged, the transparency effect will not work. The transparency effect is a rather resource-intensive feature, and Windows removes it when the power consumption falls below 20%.
If you wish to enjoy the effect, make sure the laptop’s power is above the minimum power limit.
3. Turn Off the Power Saver Mode
When you enable Windows’ power save mode, all non-essential features, including the transparency effect, are immediately disabled. As a result, to enjoy the transparency effect on Windows 11, you must disable the power save mode.
Here’s how to turn off power saving mode.
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Select Power & battery from the System tab.
3. Next to the Battery saver option, click Turn off now.
Re-enable the transparency effect feature as per the instructions above in Method-1 and test it to see whether it works.
Also Read: How To Install Fonts On Windows 11 For Free?
4. Change the System Power Mode
If the problem persists, you might want to change the system’s power settings. You can adjust the power mode in Windows 11 based on the system’s power consumption and performance.
Set the power mode to the best performance if you want to use the transparency effect without any problems. This is how you do it.
1. Go to Settings > Battery & Power.
2. Select Power mode.
3. From the menu, select the Best performance option.
Check if you are still facing the problem. If yes, try the next solution on the list.
5. Download the Latest Windows Update
If you do not have the most recent Windows update, you may experience the issue mentioned in the discussion. Microsoft releases fresh updates to improve the performance of Windows and fix small issues. And, based on what I’ve seen, the issue could be caused by a transitory flaw in the current Windows version.
To fix the problem, you’ll need to download the most recent Windows update. This is how you do it.
1. Go to Settings and then on the left pane, select Windows Update.
2. Select Check for Updates
Windows will now look for and download any updates that are available. After that, reboot the system and look for whether the issue is resolved or not.
6. Update the Graphics Driver
If you wish to use features like transparency effects, make sure your machine has the most recent graphics driver update. If this isn’t the case, your systems will be constantly be affected by such problems.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your graphics driver on Windows.
- Select Device Manager from the context menu by pressing Win + X.
- To expand the choice, double-click on Display adapters.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu of the installed graphics driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
That is all there is to it. Windows will look for the best graphics driver available and install it on your computer and hence then look whether your issue is resolved or not.
7. Use the Registry Editor to enable the transparency effect.
The second option is to use the Registry Editor to enable the transparency effect. You can accomplish it by following the instructions outlined below.
1. Press the Win + R keys at the same time to open Run fast.
2. In the Open text box of Run, type regedit.
3. Finally, press the OK button. Alternatively, you can use the Enter key.
4. Copy-paste the following address into the address box and hit Enter.
5. In the right pane, double-click on Enable Transparency.
6. Select 1 as the Value data and click OK.
After that, reboot the system and look for the issue. Continue with the guide if the transparency effect is still working or not working.
8. Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
A clean boot is a troubleshooting approach in which a computer starts up with the bare minimum of drivers and apps installed. You can use the clean boot to pinpoint the software that’s causing the issue in the discussion.
On Windows 11, here’s how to do a clean boot:
1. Press Win + R to bring up the Run dialogue box.
2. Type msconfig and press Enter.
3. Navigate to the Services section.
4. Checkmark the Hide all Microsoft services option.
5. Select Disable all option on lower right bottom.
6. Switch to the Startup tab, and choose the Open Task Manager option.
7. From the context menu, right-click on all of the startup applications and select End task.
8. Return to the Startup tab and select OK.
Windows will start in a clean boot state the next time you restart it.
9. Reset Windows 11
Consider resetting the machine if none of the above explained techniques worked and you can’t live without the transparency effect. The instructions for resetting a Windows 11 computer are listed below.
1. go to Settings > Recovery.
2. Next to Reset this PC, click Reset PC.
Then, to reset your Windows 11 PC, follow the onscreen steps.
Enjoy Transparency Effects on Windows 11 Again
One of the many customization features in Windows 11 is the transparency effect. For the desktop, Start menu, Windows Terminal, and many other applications, it makes the background transparent. If the transparency effect isn’t working on Windows 11, try the solutions listed above.