Whether you’re troubleshooting a problem, demonstrating a feature, or simply want to save a copy of something you’re viewing, taking a screenshot is a handy skill to have. In this article, we’ll explore five of the best ways to take a screenshot on your PC, phone, or tablet. From simple keyboard shortcuts to advanced third-party programs, we’ve got you covered. Read on to learn more about the different methods you can use to capture your screen.
Taking Screenshot On a PC
1. Keyboard shortcuts:
Most computers and laptops come with a built-in way to take a screenshot using keyboard shortcuts. Following are the steps to take a screenshot on your computer:
Steps to follow:
1. Press the Print Screen key on your Windows laptop or desktop computer (also called “Prt Scn” or similar).
2. Select the part of the screen you want to capture with your cursor.
3. The screenshot will be shown as a pop-up window from the Snipping tool app.
4. Open the picture and click on the meatballs menu
5. Click save to save the picture.
Steps to follow:
1. If you only want to capture the active window, press the Alt and Print Screen keys together.
2. The captured screenshot will be copied to the clipboard automatically.
3. Open an image editing program like Microsoft Paint or Photoshop.
4. Paste the screenshot into the program by pressing Ctrl + V or by right-clicking and selecting “Paste.”
5. Edit and save the screenshot as desired.
2. Snipping Tool
For more precise control over what you’re capturing, you can use the Snipping Tool, which is a built-in utility in Windows.
Step#1: Search for “Snipping Tool” in the Start menu and select it.
Step#2: Choose to capture a freeform, rectangular, or full-screen snip.
Step#3: You can also set a delay to capture a screenshot of a pop-up window or drop-down menu.
To automatically save a screenshot on a Windows computer, press the Windows and Print Screen keys together. The screenshot will be saved in a folder titled “Screenshots” in your “Pictures” folder. If you only want to capture the active window, press Alt + Print Screen instead. This will copy the screenshot to your clipboard, which you can then paste into an image editing program and save.
3. Keyboard Shortcuts
Taking Screenshot on a Mac
To take a screenshot on a MacBook, you can use the keyboard shortcuts or the screenshot tool. Do the following steps to take a screenshot in Mac:
1. Press the Shift, Command, and 5 keys simultaneously on your Mac.
2. This will open the screenshot tool with the following options:
3. Capture the entire screen (Shift, Command, and 3 keys)
4. Capture a window (Shift, Command, and 4 keys + Space bar)
5. Capture a portion of the screen (Shift, Command, and 4 keys + click and drag)
6. Record the entire screen
7. Record a portion of the screen
To capture the Touch Bar on MacBooks, press the Shift, Command, and 6 keys together.
Taking Screenshot On Mobile Devices
4. Android phones:
Taking a screenshot on an Android device is a quick and easy way to capture an image of what is happening on your screen. Following are the steps on how you can take a screenshot on your android phone:
1. On a phone or tablet, press the volume down and power buttons at the same time to take a screenshot.
2. This will save a copy of your screen to your device’s photo gallery.
Some Android phones and tablets offer additional options in the notification shade, such as the ability to take a screenshot by swiping three fingers on the screen.
Capturing a screenshot on an iPhone or iPad is a convenient way to save a copy of what you’re viewing on your screen. You can do it by the following two techniques:
Follow the steps:
1. Press the Side and Volume Up buttons simultaneously on your iPhone or iPad.
2. On older devices with a Home button, press the Side (or Top) and Home buttons simultaneously.
3. If your sound is on, you will hear a capture noise when the screenshot is taken.
4. A screenshot preview will appear at the bottom left of the screen.
5. Tap on the preview to edit, share, or delete the screenshot.
1. To capture a full document or webpage, tap on the preview and select “Full Page” at the top right.
2. To use the back tap feature to take a screenshot, go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap.
3. Enable back tap by choosing between “Two Taps” or “Three Taps.
In conclusion, taking a screenshot is a useful and convenient way to capture an image of what is happening on your screen. Whether you need to troubleshoot a problem, demonstrate a feature, or simply save a copy of something you’re viewing, knowing how to take a screenshot is an important skill to have.
In this article, we’ve explored five of the best ways to take a screenshot on your PC, phone, or tablet. From simple keyboard shortcuts to advanced third-party programs, there are a variety of options to choose from depending on your needs. Whether you need a quick and easy method to capture your screen, or more advanced features for editing and sharing your screenshots, one of these methods is sure to suit your needs.