Everything is done online these days, including business meetings, remote work, purchasing flights, attending launch events, and so on. Due to the pandemic, everyone has been forced to stay at home. Previously, video calling apps were only used to communicate with friends and family. The situation has radically changed as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak. All of the offices started working from home, and video conferencing is now used for the majority of conferences and meetings. Google Meet is one of the most popular meeting spots for professionals. It has many capabilities and can hold a conference for up to 100 participants. The meeting can also be recorded for future reference.
But, there is a shortfall: only the organizer of the meeting(host) will be capable of recording the video conversations; however, if you’re looking for an alternative, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve covered how to Record Google Meet Video Call With Audio.
What are the reasons why users can’t use Google Meet’s recording feature?
There might be a couple of reasons why you won’t be able to record on Google Meet.
- The administrator may disable Google Meet’s recording feature.
- You also can’t record meetings that were started on a conference room device or by a third-party procedure like a Chrome plugin or some other extension.
How can I record a live session on G Meet?
It’s not difficult to record a videocall using Google Meet. The software allows you to record the video without difficulty. However, you must first obtain permission from the host. After that, you must perform the following actions:
- To begin, launch Google Meet and create or join a meeting.
- On the far right bottom of the screen, you should now see a three-dot choice.
- The menu will appear when you click the three-dot choice.
- Select Record Meeting from the drop-down menu.
- Then a popup titled “Ask for Consent” will appear. If you are present at the meeting, you can still record it if you obtain permission from the host.
- You can now proceed by clicking Accept.
- Stop recording the meeting by selecting Stop Recording from the same three-dot menu.
Steps to Record a Google Meet Video Meeting with Audio, Without Admin Permission.
You’ll need to download OBS, https://projectobs.com/en/download/ a third-party application, to capture the Google Meet video or audio as a participant. The screen of your laptop or PC can be recorded using a standard Windows application, but not the audio. The methods for recording the Google Meet without the consent of the admin are discussed below.
- Run the application after it has been installed on your PC.
- In the source section, choose the Google Meet application or Google Chrome.
- You can check the preview window and adjust the display size as needed.
- Once you’re okay with the settings, press the start recording button in the control choice on the right bottom.
- You can stop recording your meeting by clicking the same button.
How to activate the recording feature?
- You must have Google Drive set up for your organization in order to record.
- Administrators of Google Workspace can do this through their admin console. Only the workspace administrator has access to the recording feature.
- You can only allow meeting attendees to record video calls if you are a Google administrator.
- This function, however, is only available in certain editions, such as:
- Business Standards
- Enterprise Plus
- Education Plus with a teacher or student license
- Education Fundamentals with a teacher’s license
On Google Meet, normal accounts cannot record or enable video calls.
Also Read: How To Create Breakout Rooms In Google Meet
How can you record a Google Meet video session on your smartphone?
If you’re using the Google Meet app on your iPhone or android smartphone, you may use the built-in screen recorder to effortlessly record the conference. The feature is available on iPhones as well as the majority of Android phones. Here’s how to go about it:
- At first Join the meeting you are willing to record via Google Meet app
- Now, on your Android smartphone, simply scroll down from the top and select the screen recorder option from the menu. You can utilize third-party tools like vidma recorder and others if you don’t have one.
- If you have an iPhone, you can access Control Center by swiping down from the corner and selecting the screen recording option.
- After that, just stop recording your screen, and the Google Meet video call will be saved to your Android or iOS device.
What is the processing time to record the meeting on Google Meet?
Google Meet recording can take up to 24 hours to complete. This means you may have to wait some more time before viewing your recording on Google Meet. When the recording is finished, the recording link will be emailed to your account.
How to get to know if Google Meet is being recorded?
It is simple to determine whether or not your Google Meet was recorded. When you join a meeting and use a track indicator, it indicates that your session is being recorded, and vice – versa.
Steps to successfully Download a Google Meet Video Meeting that Has Been Recorded
If you have only Enterprise or Enterprise for Education subscriptions with Google Suite, you can only record but not download Google Meet. If you record a Google Meet session, it will be saved to the organizer’s Google Drive. Follow the below instructions to download the recorded Google meet Video:
- Sign into your Gmail account and open Google Drive.
- Look for and tap on the Meet Recording Folder.
- You’ll find all of your saved Meet recordings there.
- Tap More when you’ve found the recording you’d like to download.
- To save it to your computer or mobile device, select the Download option.
Therefore, if you are having trouble recalling the directions given at the meeting and just want to go back and listen to the conference again, you may now record a Google Meet meeting through the app, which will be saved to Google Drive. It’s simple, but you’ll need authorization from the host and a third-party app first. If you wish to record the session without the consent of the admin, OBS can help you better.