Are you getting the error message that says “your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” when you try to log into iTunes or App Store? You keep getting the same error repeatedly even if you’re sure to enter the correct password of your Apple ID.
This error is very frustrating and can be a massive headache because without your Apple ID you can neither download any apps nor make any purchase on Apple Pay.
Well, you don’t have to worry anymore! In this article, we will explain all possible reasons why your account is disabled and how to fix this error.
List of Contents
Why Your Apple ID is Disabled
Here are a few reasons why you are encountering this error:
- If you repeatedly enter an incorrect Apple ID and password
- You have not used your Apple ID for a very long time.
- There are unpaid orders in your Apple ID.
- Apple suspects that someone has hacked your account.
- Disputes on the credit card attached to your Apple ID
How can You Fix this error?
Interestingly, there are several things that you can do in this context. Let’s take a look at all the steps you can take to fix this irritating error easily.
Try to unlock your Apple ID
If your account is deactivated because you entered an incorrect password too many times, you can simply wait for 24 hours and then try to log into your Apple ID again.
You can also unlock your account by verifying your identity with Apple.
- Go to ‘iForgot on your iPhone.
- Then you need to go to the Settings option. From there, select your name.
- Next tap on iTunes Store and App Store. Select your Apple ID and then tap on ‘iForgot’.
- Then all you have to do is to follow the instruction provided to unlock your Apple ID with your current password or choose to reset it.
If two-factor authentication is enabled, to unlock your Apple ID your need to enter your trusted device and phone number.
For Two-Step Verification:
If two-step verification is enabled on your device, your need to enter the recovery key
Sign-in into your Apple ID via a Browser
If this fix did not work, you can use Chrome, Safari, or any other browser on your system to sign in to your Apple Store. If you encounter the same error again, you should wait for 8 hours and then try again and see if the error still occurs.
Look for any restrictions on your iPhone
Look if any restrictions are enabled on your iPhone or not. Sometimes restrictions can be enabled to restrict any in-app purchases.
To turn off the restrictions if they are enabled, do the following:
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone and go to the “General” tab.
- Next, click on “Restrictions” and enter your passcode to turn it off.
Also Read: Revealed-Apple iPhone 13 Design
Reset your Apple ID Password
If logging in and logging out your Apple ID does no good, you can try to reset the password for your Apple ID. This process is quite lengthy, and you have to follow the instructions on the screen to do it.
You need to make sure that to reset your password; you have a reliable device or a smartphone number. Make sure that no one can get their hands on your credentials.
You can also reset your password using iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Mac. The steps may change depending on two-factor authentication and recovery key.
After completing the reset process, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone, click on your name.
- Next tap on iTunes & App Store and then on Sign Out
- Try to log in again using your new password.
To save the password for later use, copy your new password and utilize the Safari or Chrome extension to save your password on the web. Apart from saving passwords, Secrets can secure your bank info, credit card details, licenses information, and notes.
Relog into the Apple ID
Sometimes logging out and then logging back in your Apple ID can also fix this problem.
Follow the given steps to do it:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone and then tap on your Name.
- Scroll down and tap on Sign Out.
- To logout, enter the passcode of your Apple ID
- You will re-enter Settings
- Sign back in your Apple ID.
After signing back, you can try again to see if it is enabled again.
Contact Apple Support
If none of the above options work, you should contact Apple directly.
Follow these steps to contact Apple:
- Go to the Apple Support Website and then, select your Apple ID.
- Select “Disabled Apple ID”. After doing this you start an online chat session with an Apple employee.
Alternately, you can also contact Apply for support by following these steps:
- Visit the Apple support website
- Click on “Contact Apple Support.”
- Select “iTunes Store”
- Choose “Account Management.”
- Select “Account disabled in the App Store and iTunes Store alert.”
Now you can contact Apple Support.
“Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes” is a very common error to encounter on Apple Store. If you ever face this problem in the future you can refer to this article to try the solutions listed here. This problem can be easily resolved using the above fixes.