Apple introduced Spatial audio in 2021 for all of its devices like the iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Dolby Atmos helps the company to give its users an immersive experience while working, traveling, or cooking. Music is dear to everyone. Every user has certain preferences that they like to adhere to while listening to music.
If you too are a huge music lover, then the Dolby Atmos is all set. All you have to do is set up the Dolby Atmos speakers to get spatial audio on your Apple devices. So let’s get straight into it.
How to listen to Spatial audio on your iPhone and iPad?
If you want to listen to Dolby Atmos on your iPhone and iPad, here’s what you need to do:
- You need to update your iOS device to its latest software version and go to settings.
- Click on music followed by Dolby Atmos under the audio.
- Further, select automatic for always on or off.
For automatic, you need the following items;
Listen to songs supported by Atmos through these devices:
- Air Pods Max, Air Pods Pro 3rd generation Air Pods, Beats Fit pro, all with their spatial audio turned on.
- 1st and 2nd generation AirPods
- BeatsX, Beats solo3 wireless, Beats Studio 3, Powerbeats 3 wireless, Beats Flex, Powerbeats pro, Beats solo pro, and beats studio buds.
- You can connect any Bluetooth headphones that are ideal for your iPhone and iPad.
- If you have built-in speakers on your iPhone XS or the later version, iPad Pro 12.9-inch, iPad pro-11-inch, and iPad Air 4th generation.
- Further, if you want to select Always on, your wired headphones will do.
How to listen to Dolby on your mac?
- First, update your MacBook to the latest version of macOS.
- Second, launch the Apple Music app.
- Select Music>Preferences or Music>Settings.
- Tap on the playback tab and select automatic, always on or off.
- You need AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, 3rd generation AirPods, and Beats Fit Pro with spatial audio.
- 1st and 2nd generation AirPods
- Beats studio buds, Beats solo pro, Powerbeats Pro, Beats Flex, Powerbeats3 wireless, Beats Studio3, Beats solo3 wireless, and BeatsX.
- In addition, you can also use built-in speakers on your MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iMac latest model.
- However, if you select the always-on option, you don’t need other headphones without assistance to automatic playback.
How can users listen to Dolby Atmos on Home Pod?
Before you can use your home pod to listen to Dolby Atmos music, you need to update it to the latest software. For that, use your home app on your iOS device and update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or mac.
- Ensure your iOS device is updated to the latest version of the macOS.
- Launch the home application and click on the more button.
- Further, tap on home settings and then software update.
- You can select update if there is a new update available. However, if there is no update pending, tap on the home pod which will turn on the automatic updates. This way you can get the latest software whenever it is available.
- Users can see a White spinning light when the device is updating which will take some time. Keep it plugged in.
To turn your Dolby Atmos On/Off
- Open the home app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the home button.
- Further, click on settings and click on your name under the People option.
- Tap on Apple music and turn it on/off.
How to listen to Dolby Atmos on your Apple TV 4K?
After you ensure that your Apple TV 4K is updated to the latest version, check for the following:
- Set up the home pod speakers as the default speakers.
- Check if you have a Dolby Atmos-compatible sound bar, AV receiver, and television that supports Dolby Atmos audio.
- AirPods, AirPods Pro, or AirPods Max.
- You also need Beats studio buds, Beats solo pro, Powerbeats pro, Beats flex, Powerbeats3 wireless, Beats Studio 3, Beats solo 3 wireless, and Beats Fit Pro.
How to turn Dolby Atmos On/Off?
- Go to settings and then to Apps, on your Apple TV.
- Tap on Music.
- Further, choose Dolby Atmos to change it to Automatic or off.
How to listen to Dolby Atmos on your Android device?
Before you proceed, check with your Android manufacturer if your device supports it. Further, you need to update the Apple Music app to its latest version. To turn the Dolby Atmos on/off:
- Launch the Apple Music app.
- Click on the More button and then tap on settings.
- Furthermore, click on Dolby Atmos to turn it on/off.
Dolby Atmos was first used only in movie theatres to give the audience an immersive experience. Apple brings the same experience to its users through iOS devices and home pods. Follow the steps to listen to your favorite music through the powerful Dolby speakers.