You can open the Xbox Game Bar to take control of all your favorite gaming activities while playing on your Windows 11 device. When you open Game Bar, a variety of Xbox gaming activities are at your fingertips. Select a feature from the Widget Menu and it’ll pop up as a widget. Many of these can be moved, resized, or pinned to your screen. Xbox Game Bar has customization options that let you quickly jump between your game and your favorite activities.
This article will show you how to enable or disable open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on an Xbox game controller in Windows 11.
Also Read: [Fixed] For This Game You Need To Be Online Xbox Error
- Using the Xbox button in the settings
- Using Settings option
- By Using Powershell
Turn On or Off Open Xbox Game Bar using the Xbox button on Game Controller in Settings
- Press the Xbox controller button on the controller to turn it on.
- Open Settings (Win+I).
- Click/tap on Gaming on the left side, and click/tap on Xbox Game Bar on the right side.
- Turn On or Off (default) Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller for what you want on the right side.
- You can now close Settings if you like.
2. Disable the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11 using the Settings App
If you don’t want to use the Xbox Game bar anymore, the easiest way to disable it is through the Windows 11 settings app. Here’s how you do this:
- First, right-click the Start menu (Windows logo) and select ‘Settings’ or press Windows+I to launch the Settings app.
- In the Settings app, go to the ‘Gaming’ tab and click on the ‘Xbox Game Bar’ setting on the right.
- On the Xbox Game Bar page, turn Off the toggle next to the Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller option. This will only disable the launch shortcut for the Game Bar from your Xbox controller if you use one.
- To make sure Game Bar doesn’t run any background processes, go to the ‘Apps’ tab on the Settings and click ‘Apps & features.
- On the ‘Apps & features’ page, scroll down the App list and find ‘Xbox Game Bar’ or you can type ‘Xbox’ in the search bar to bring up the app in the search result.
- Then, click the three vertical dots next to ‘Xbox Game Bar’ and select Advanced options.
- On the next page, scroll down to the ‘Background app permissions’ section.
- Choose ‘Never’ from the drop-down below it.
- Then, scroll further down the page, and click the ‘Terminate’ button to immediately stop the app and its related processes.
Also Read: How To Set Up Xbox Series X?
3. Remove XBOX Gamebar using Powershell
If you are not a gamer or don’t see yourself using Xbox Game Bar ever, then you can completely remove the Xbox Game Bar. This preserves your system resources. Windows Settings doesn’t give options to uninstall the Xbox Game Bar app. So, you have to use this indirect method to remove Xbox Game Bar. Here’s how you do this:
First, look for ‘PowerShell’ in Windows Search and click ‘Run as administrator’ on the right side for the top result.
For the current user:
In the PowerShell window, enter the following command:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage
For all users:
If you want to remove the Game bar from all users’ accounts, then use this command instead:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay | Remove-AppxPackage
Also Read: Xbox One Controller Not Working? Try These Fixes
So, this is all about this article. We discussed how to enable or disable the Xbox Game bar in Windows 11 with various methods. Hope you liked it.