You can play your favorite PC games on one of the most comfortable and feature-pack gaming pads on the market once you learn how to connect the PS5 controller to PC.
The DualSense controller for the PS5 is so good that Steam made the announcement for PC support just a few weeks after it was released.
While there’s no alternative for the thrill of using it with a game that’s tailored for it, such as Astro’s Playroom, Steam’s DualSense experience on PC is slowly improving.
The Reasons Why Your PS5 Controller Isn’t Working
- Your PS5 controller isn’t pairing with the console for a variety of reasons:
- A different device is in sync with the controller. When you connect your controller to a PC or another console, it will disconnect from your PS5.
- Bluetooth connectivity issues with your controller. Bluetooth devices and other items in the vicinity can obstruct the wireless signal.
- There are issues with the USB-C cable. It’s possible that you’re using the wrong cable or that it’s damaged.
- There are issues with the USB ports. The controller and console’s sockets may be damaged or unclean.
- Internal hardware issues with the controller. The battery or Bluetooth sensor, for example, could be harmed.
- Firmware that is no longer supported. If your PS5’s system software is out of date, it might create a variety of issues.
Connect your PlayStation 5 controller to your computer.
The first step in using PS5 on a computer is to ensure that it connects securely. The PS5 controller can be connected to the PC in two ways.
Method 1: Use a USB cable to connect your PS5 controller.
It’s the simplest way to connect your PS5 controller to your PC running Windows. But first, you’ll need a USB cord.
If you just buy a PS5 controller, you’ll see that the cord is not included. You’ll need the USB cord that came with the PS5 console to connect or charge the controller.
1) Connect the smaller end of your USB cable to the PS5 controller’s top.
2) Connect the other end of the cord to a USB port on your computer.
3) You’re all set to go. If you’re running Windows 10, the operating system should detect it immediately away.
How to connect a wireless PS5 controller to a computer
You can connect the DualSense controller wirelessly as Sony intended if your PC has Bluetooth built-in or if you have a Bluetooth dongle. Here’s how to install it on Windows.
1. Go to the Windows Settings menu.
Click “Settings” after pressing the Start button.
2. Select “Devices”
A new menu of choices will appear. On the top row, select “Devices,” which is the second choice.
3. After that, turn on Bluetooth and add a new device.
Make sure the Bluetooth switch is on, then select “Add Bluetooth or another device.”
4. Select “Bluetooth”
Select “Bluetooth” from the next menu.
5. Set the pairing mode on your DualSense pad.
Now you must ensure that the DualSense pad must detect. Hold down the PlayStation button (between the two analog sticks) and the Share button (between the D-pad and the touchpad) until the light around the touchpad starts flashing rapidly.
6. In Windows, choose a controller.
You’ll see a list of Bluetooth devices that can connect when you return to your PC. Now that your DualSense pad is in pairing mode, it will show up in this list, so scroll down until you see “Wireless Controller.” Once you’ve found it, click on it.
7. Please wait for confirmation.
If everything went smoothly, Windows will display the message above.
Try These Other Fixes
Reset your PS5 controller to factory settings. Press the Reset button inside the little hole on the back of the PS5 controller with a straightened paperclip to restore factory settings.
Update the PS5’s operating system. Check for a system update if you have another controller. Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software can be found under Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software, respectively.
Replace the battery in the PS5 controller. If the controller won’t charge or turn on, the battery is most likely the issue. Look for a replacement online, or if your controller is still under warranty, it can fix for free.
Sony can repair or replace your controller. If your controller is completely unresponsive, visit Sony’s Fix and Replace website to determine if it can fix or exchange for free.
What to Do If Your PS5 Controller Isn’t Charging While In Rest Mode
By default, connecting the controller to the console in rest mode, it will charge. Go to Settings > System > Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode > Supply Power to USB Ports > Always to enable this option.
A problem has been found that stops PS5 controllers from charging while the console is in standby mode. This problem normally only affects the front USB port of the system, so utilize the backport instead.