Apple has released iOS 15.5 beta with new features that require third-party developer input. The company is releasing developer betas so that software engineers can get a head start on making great software for you. While the beta contains new features, they also contain pre-release bugs that can prevent the normal use of your iOS devices, and are not intended for everyday use on a primary device. That’s why we strongly recommend staying away from developer previews unless you need them for software development, and using the public betas with caution. If you depend on your devices, wait for the final release. But if you really wanted to download iOS 15.5 developer beta on your iPhone, then this article is for you. We will be discussing iOS 15.5 developer beta.
Also read: How To Delete iOS Update On iPhone?
- What is iOS 15.5?
- Features of new iOS 15.5
- List of devices that work with beta
- How to download iOS 15.5 developer beta?
- How to install iOS 15.5 developer beta?
- Download and install using finder.
1. What is iOS 15.5?
It is a beta or a testing version of upcoming iOS versions. Apple has released the iOS 15.5 beta to developers. Those with registered developer accounts can download and install the beta right now via their Mac and should be able to install the beta profile and install it as an over-the-air update directly on an iPhone soon.
Points to be noted:
- iOS 15.5 is supported on iPhone 6s and later.
- Developer betas are incredibly buggy. Before proceeding, make sure you backup your iPhone to iCloud or computer. Alternatively, it would be best to install iOS 15.5 on a secondary device.
- You must have an Apple developer account ($99/yearly) to download the iOS 15.5 developer beta.
Also Read: iOS 16 Rumors And Release Date!
2. Features of iOS 15.5
Apple Cash card Request and Send
In the Wallet app, there are large “Request” and “Send” buttons visible when you look at the Apple Cash card.
iTunes Pass = Apple Account balance
iTunes Pass, a years-old feature for storing and managing your iTunes credit in Wallet, is being rebranded as Apple Account. The card in Wallet will function the same as before, showing the unused balance on your Apple account. The name just better reflects that it can be used for App Store and in-app purchases, among other things. The name change is not yet present in the first beta release of iOS 15.5, though.
SportsKit and baseball
A new “SportsKit” framework has been in the works for some time, with references going all the way back to iOS 15.2. While the framework is not yet available to developers, it is being expanded upon in iOS 15.5 to better support things. Just in time for Friday Night Baseball!
Apple acquired classical music service Primephonic back in August of 2021, and said, “In the coming months, Apple Music Classical fans will get a dedicated experience with the best features of Primephonic, including better browsing and search capabilities by composer and repertoire, detailed displays of classical music metadata, plus new features and benefits.”
Also Read: How To Install iOS 15.4 Public Beta Version
3. Which devices work with the new beta?
iOS 15.5 beta 1 is now available to developers, as is iPad OS 15.5 beta 1. If you want to know whether or not your device is compatible with iOS 15 or iPadOS 15, we put together a full list below containing every supported device. If your device is on the list, you’re good to go:
iPhone 13, iPhone 13 mini, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7,iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE (1st generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone SE (3rd generation), iPod touch (7th generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (4th generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation), iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st generation) and more.
4. How to download iOS 15.5 developer beta on iPhone?
- Open Safari on your iPhone and head over to developer.apple.com
- Tap the “Download New Betas” tab. Next, log in to your account with your Apple developer account email and password.
- Head over to the iOS 15.5 beta section and hit Install Profile.
- A popup may appear on the screen, saying the website is trying to open Settings to show a configuration profile.
- Tap Allow and Close. iOS beta software profile will start downloading on your device.
- Open Settings → Profile Downloaded.
- Click on Install and enter your passcode.
- Click on Install from the top right and again from the bottom.
- Now, tap Restart to apply the necessary changes.
After downloading, here are the steps to install the latest iOS developer beta.
5. How to install iOS 15.5 developer beta on iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings and tap General.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Download and Install
- Enter your iPhone passcode and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once the file is downloaded, click on install now.
Note: If you face any difficulty downloading the update, it is most likely because several developers are trying to download it, which may be a load on Apple servers. Please consider waiting for some time.
Also Read: How To Install iOS 15.4 Public Beta Version
6. Download and install iOS 15.5 developer beta using Finder
In rare situations, if you cannot download the iOS 15.5 beta directly (over-the-air) on your iPhone, you can use Finder on macOS Catalina, Big Sur, or Monterey. Here’s how.
- Download the iOS beta software restore image for your iPhone from the Apple
- Developer download page.
- Launch Finder on your Mac and connect your iPhone.
- Select your iPhone from the sidebar.
- In the Summary panel, press and hold the Option key and click the Restore iPhone option.
- Choose the iOS beta software restore file and open it.
- Now, click Restore to begin the installation
Note: Once the beta has been installed successfully, your iPhone will restart. The device will need an active internet connection to finish the activation.
This is how you can download and install the iOS 15.5 developer beta on your iPhone and try the new features. If you have any queries please let us know in the comments.