In this guide, we have listed the step-by-step process of cleaning your gadgets to keep them in a good condition.
Electronic devices, like laptops, smartphones, and tablets, are typically dust magnets that attract viruses, bacteria, and other contaminants like food particles. So that they stay safe for use, it is crucial to regularly clean and disinfects these gadgets. To prevent the electronic device’s warranty from being voided, it is essential to read the manufacturer’s instructions before cleaning any device.
Consider this your comprehensive guide to cleaning the following technological devices.
Also Read: How To Clean Your iPhone’s Charging Port?
Procedure to clean your Smartphone and Tablet
- Mix Isopropyl alcohol and water in a spray bottle to make a DIY cleaner that can dampen microfiber fabrics.
- Use it to clean tablets and phones with tempered glass screen protectors.
- Wipe the edges and crevices with cotton swabs to make these devices free of dust and germs.
Because the iPhone and iPad have special self-cleaning oleophobic coatings that may be harmed by alcohol, avoid wiping them with hand sanitizers.
If you wish to clean your smartphone with antibacterial wipes, you can do so, but you should be careful not to oversaturate them. Never forget that moisture and technology are enemies!
Also Read: How To Fix Chrome Using Chrome Cleanup Tool
Procedure to clean your laptop
Cleaning your laptop only requires some standard household cleaning products. Pick up some rubbing alcohol of at least 90% isopropyl, a clean towel, cotton swabs, a can of compressed air, and a microfiber cloth. Get your laptop spotless by following these steps:
- Take off your battery and clean it with a microfiber cloth. Now use a can of compressed air to blow the dust away.
- Wipe the screen using the same towel to eliminate any streaks.
- Spray the compressed air into the USB ports and between the keyboard’s keys.
- Gently wipe off the laptop’s exterior using a cotton swab dipped in isopropyl alcohol.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the laptop down.
Avoid severe chemicals like detergent and wet wipes when cleaning your laptop. A simple dry towel and a can of compressed air can do marvels!
Procedure to clean your Desktop
To remove any remaining fingerprints on the screen, wipe it down with a soft cloth soaked with distilled water. If necessary, apply a glasses cleaner.
- With an alcohol-dipped moist towel, clean the computer’s CPU, keyboard, and other plastic components.
- To remove any food particles, clean the keyboard by shaking it and flipping it upside down.
- Use a cotton swab to clean the keys and the spaces between them.
- Perform a spot test to ensure that the alcohol doesn’t affect the lettering on the keys.
Procedure to clean your Headphones
Whether you’re running across the park or commuting by train, earbuds or headphones are necessary. They are constantly being used to watch videos, listen to music, or listen to podcasts.
Therefore headphones are susceptible to becoming filthy and wax-covered. Gross!
The ideal method for cleaning headphones is shown below:
- Use isopropyl alcohol to clean the foam or rubber pieces. Dab a corner of the towel you’re using into the rubbing alcohol. Don’t saturate the towel thoroughly.
- Using a soft-bristled brush, remove debris from any metal or plastic parts.
- Thoroughly dry everything before using.
Cleaning your headphones is easy and highly worthwhile. If you use them daily, you should clean them at least once a week.
Also Read: 5 Best Mac Cleaner Software Apps In 2021
Procedure to clean your Bluetooth Speaker
Music has the power to transform any occasion from drab to fabulous. If your speakers stop operating or become too quiet to hear, that is a sign that it has collected too much dust and grime which is hampering their working. The advice below will help you make your Bluetooth speaker louder:
- First, to increase the sound’s volume, place the speaker on the ground or close to a wall, preferably in a corner.
- Use a lint roller, compressed air, and a microfiber towel to remove dust.
It only proves that you can turn the volume up only some of the way! If you’re in the mood to rock or unwind and listen to a podcast, these easy tips will help you obtain clear, sharp sound from your speakers.
Professional Cleaning tools
You can also choose professional cleaners to clean your gadgets and electronic devices. Some cleaners come with tools like screen wipes or screen cleaning kits. You can also get a powered air blower to clean dust from devices like the CPU, set-top box, etc.
Pressurized air can emit short bursts to clear dust or dirt from electronic devices, another readily available tool. A lens pen is an excellent tool for removing grease, dust, and fingerprints from the lens of a DSLR or digital camera.
These are some of the handy tips for keeping your gadgets in a good condition. Remember to adopt the cleaning regime regularly to prevent your devices from collecting a lot of grime. With this, signing off!