The American tech giant Google has been on the block list for tracking users’ location data. Many websites like Facebook, too, are guilty of this offense. Our online data is sadly not always secure as we would like it to be. Almost every app and site is stealing and tracking our moves 24/7. Google, the biggest search engine in the world right now, has billions of data collected over more than a decade.
Since most internet users rely on Google for their daily use, it is hard to believe that they will not misuse our information. Well, there’s a lot we cannot control in this scenario. But as users, let’s be as aware as we possibly can be. Even though we cannot stop Google from spying on us, our activities, travel history, and location, we can disable Google location data from our android phones.
Interesting News To Read: How To Use FaceTime On Your Windows PC?
List of Contents
Delete Google Location Data From Android
To delete your past Google locations from your android phone, follow these steps below.
- Log in to your Google account on your android device. Then, go to Google Maps applications.
- From the right-hand corner, click on your account icon.
- Select your Timeline and then the three vertical dots next to it.
- From the dropdown menu, go to Settings and Privacy. This will open a new list of options where you will also find Location Settings.
- Click that, and you will automatically find yourself staring at Delete all Location History. Enable the option and tap on Delete.
Can Google Location History Be Switched Off For Good?
Yes, that is also possible. Unfortunately, deleting your location history is not a permanent solution. But to protect yourself from getting tracked by Google, you can follow these steps.
- Following the lead from the process mentioned above to delete your location history, go to Settings and Privacy.
- Find options Location is on, and Location history is on by scrolling down.
- Disable both these options, and Google will not be able to track down your location unless you want it to.
Read to Know: How To Connect To A VPN On Android?
Switch Off Location Data From Google Chrome On Desktop
Disabling the location history and tracking on your android device is easy as we just saw. And so is switching off the data from your Chrome.
- Open Google Chrome on your desktop and click on the three vertical dots on the top right corner.
- From there, tap on the Settings option and go to Privacy and Settings. Click on-site options.
- You will be able to locate the Location option and select ask before accessing the feature.
By following this process, you can stop websites and apps from accessing your location without your permission.
Tracking your location can be a helpful feature when looking for a way out of the woods. For tourists, Google saves your location and helps you by telling the nearest shops and transportation available. But. It is always better to keep your locations turned on in case your network gets hacked.