In an era where the iPhone enjoys widespread popularity, the demand for fake iPhones and Apple accessories has furthermore surged. These fake products have evolved to such an extent that they currently possess remarkable levels of craftsmanship and mimicry, making it increasingly difficult to differentiate them from authentic ones.
Consequently, for anyone contemplating purchasing an iPhone in 2023, distinguishing between a genuine Apple device and a counterfeit imitation has become more crucial than ever. Thankfully, several telltale signs and effective verification methods can help potential buyers navigate the murky waters of fake iPhones.
In this post, we will probe into the key tips that can assist you in “To Check If iPhone Is Fake or Original in 2023”. By enlightening yourself with these reliable techniques, you can make informed decisions and assure you invest in an original iPhone that guarantees the best user experience, performance, as well as long-term trustworthiness.
Tips To Check If iPhone Is Fake or Original in 2023
#1. Use Serial Number To Check Your iPhone’s Originality
The serial number of an iPhone is a unique identifier allotted to each device by Apple. By utilizing the serial number, you can ascertain the originality of an iPhone. To check if the iPhone is original or fake using the serial number, you need to:
- First, head to iPhone Settings, then select General and finally select About.
- There you will be able to see the Serial number located under the Model number.
- Then, you need to long press on that serial number and copy it.
- Now, you have open Safari or any browser of your choice on the iPhone and head to the attached “Apple Check coverage website” and paste the phone’s serial number that you copied earlier.
- Finally, input the code, and press continue.
After pressing continue, you will be able to ascertain if your iPhone’s on the Apple database or not.
#2. Check iPhone’s IMEI
The IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity number is a unique identifier assigned to every mobile device, including iPhones. It serves as a digital fingerprint for the device and provides important information about its origin and specifications. The IMEI number can assist determine the authenticity of an iPhone. Here’s how to check the IMEI number on the iPhone:
- First, you need to locate and open the Settings app represented by a gear icon on your iPhone.
- After that, in the Settings menu, scroll down and tap on General, which is usually towards the top of the list, and then click on About.
- Finally, in the About section, you will find various details about your iPhone, including the model, serial number, and IMEI number. You just need to scroll down the list until you come across the IMEI label.
Note: You can also get an IMEI number by dialing *#06# to fetch the IMEI number directly.
If you don’t know some iPhones have IMEI numbers on SIM Tray. To check if your iPhone is Orginal, you need to match all three IMEI numbers that you found through:
- iPhone Settings
- Device info – Dialing *#06#
- SIM Tray
If the IMEI number doesn’t match, this means that the iPhone is not original and perhaps fake.
You can also verify your iPhone through a website and to do that, you simply have to copy the number and open Safari or any browser on your device. Then, you need to head to the IMEI.info website and paste your IMEI number there to verify if your iPhone is original or fake.
#3. Make Sure Any Original Parts Of the iPhone Are Not Replaced
There have been instances where customers have fallen victim to scams involving serviced iPhones. These devices may initially appear to be original, but they have undergone repairs using non-Apple parts to address certain malfunctions. Consequently, these iPhones may not deliver the same user experience as genuine ones equipped with authentic components.
To determine the authenticity of an iPhone screen, you can conduct several checks. One method is to enable the True Tone feature in the display settings. Another method is by enabling the Night Shift feature and the last one says to check the Haptic Feedback.
Besides that, if you own an iPhone 11 or a later model running on iOS 15 or newer, and your iPhone has gone through any sorta replacements, you can access additional info about the installed parts by:
- Heading to Settings on your iPhone and select General, and then choose About. After that, you require to search for the section titled Parts and service history.
- Finally, there you will see the name of the parts that have been replaced or serviced. If the part’s name is listed as Unknown, it indicates that a non-Apple or previously used part has been installed in your iPhone.
#4. Verify Your iPhone’s Originality via a Third-Party App
With this method, you can identify if the device info matches the hardware or not and to do that, you need to:
- First, head to the Anyunlock website and download the latest version of the app on your PC.
- Once the download is complete, open the Anyunlock app and head to the iDevice Verification option, and click on it.
- After that, in the next window, you will see the option for Verify device now, click on it.
- Now, you need to connect your iPhone to the PC via a suitable cable. Once the device is connected rightly, the Anyunlock will start to scan your device automatically and then you will get a verification report.
- To identify whether your iPhone is original or fake by looking at the report, you need to look for the UDID label located on the top right side. If you don’t know, UDID is made of 4 things which are IMEI Number, Serial Number, Bluetooth Address, and Wifi Address. So, if a UDID says No, this means out of 4 aspects one has altered or differs from the original device. This discrepancy may suggest that the iPhone is not genuine and perhaps refurbished.
#5. Compare physical features
Another tip to check if your iPhone is fake or real is by paying attention to specific physical elements of the iPhone. Look for features such as the location and functionality of buttons (sleep/wake, volume controls), the presence of the Lightning connector at the bottom, the inclusion of recognizable features like Face ID or Touch ID, and the presence of official Apple branding throughout the device. Any discrepancies or inconsistencies may indicate a fake device.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I tell if my iPhone 14 is real?
To check the authenticity of your iPhone 14, it is important to thoroughly examine the packaging. Fake iPhone 14 models often come with packaging that exhibits lower quality or inconsistencies when compared to genuine ones. Take note of any discrepancies in the packaging design, labels, or overall quality that may indicate a fake device. Additionally, you can use the methods mentioned earlier to check the serial number or IMEI number to further confirm if the iPhone 14 is genuine or not.
What is refurbished iPhone?
A refurbished iPhone refers to a previously used device that undergoes a thorough examination before being made available for sale once again. As a consequence, it may demonstrate specific indications of wear, such as scratches on the screen or casing, since it is not a brand-new device. The level of wear indicated by the refurbished condition can vary. Furthermore, the refurbished iPhone has undergone comprehensive testing to ensure its proper functionality. If any component is found to be faulty during the examination, it is replaced with a functioning one to ensure the device operates as intended.
How To know if my iPhone is repaired?
You can examine your iPhone’s parts and service history by proceeding to Settings then General and finally heading to the About panel. From there, you can access information concerning the components and prior servicing of your iPhone. This feature is solely available on iOS 15.2 and subsequent versions.