This guide will show you how to use Memoji on your iPhone or iPad to make your custom avatar. An Emoji is a small picture of a face that can be used in text messages to show how you feel, and an Animoji is a 3D Emoji that moves thanks to facial motion capture. In other words, the Animoji imitates the way your face moves and looks when the camera on your iPhone or iPad is turned on. It can also match its mouth movements to recorded voice messages. A Memoji is a customized Animoji that looks like you.
Memojis can be used on the iPhone X and later models running iOS 12 or later and on the iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation). When iOS 12 runs on an older iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, Memojis can be seen, but they can’t be made.
List of Contents
You can make a Memoji in iMessage.
Head on over to iMessage to make your Memoji. To create your Memoji, do these things:
- Open iMessage and either start a new conversation or join one already going on. n
- Look under the text field for the Animoji or Memoji icon stickers. You can tap either one.
- Tap the blue icon with a plus sign on the left. Or, if you’ve never used a Memoji or made one before, you might be asked to make one.
- You will be taken to the screen where you can make Memojis.
- Move your face to see the TrueDepth camera on the iPhone. Your Memoji will be changed automatically to look like you.
Go through each option for making a Memoji and change it in any way you want. Once it’s how you want it, tap “Done.” You should now be able to use your Memoji as either an Animoji or a Memoji sticker.
Use a Mac to make a Memoji.
When you make a Memoji on your Mac, the cute little, you show up on all your other devices. So, you can use the Memoji in Messages or FaceTime on an iPhone or iPad. Everything begins with the Messages app.
#1: Open Messages and choose or start a conversation.
#2: Tap the button that looks like the letter A, which says “Apps,” and then choose “Memoji stickers.”
#3: In the pop-up window, click the plus sign in the top left corner.
#4: On the next pop-up screen, you can change each part of your Memoji with the tools on the left. Apple gives you more than just basic options like skin color and hairstyles.
For instance, you can give the skin freckles or beauty spots, the nose piercings or an oxygen tube, and the eyes eyeliner or eyeshadow. You can also use the heat tool to make your Memoji look older or younger.
Go to the right and click on the Palette icon to see more colors when choosing colors for things like hair, eyes, and eyebrows. Then, use the slider to change the color’s dark or light.
As you make each choice, a preview will appear at the top. This lets you add features and elements and see how they look as you go. You can choose and change the order of the items as you wish.
#5: Click “Done” when you’re finished to save your Memoji.
The next time you log in to your Mac, your moving Memoji avatar will be there to greet you. And if you give them the wrong login password a few times, you can see their face go from a little annoyed to very angry.
Syncing Memojis everywhere
First of all, follow the steps above to make your Memoji.
- Make sure your contact card is ready to go.
- Open Messages, then click on the three dots in the upper right corner. On the next screen, click on “Edit.”
- It might give you suggestions if you have already made a Memoji. You can choose it or click to make a new one if you have one.
- On the next screens, you can choose from various options, such as pose, scaling, and background color.
- After choosing all of these, you will be asked if you want to “Use This Photo Everywhere?” Click “Yes,” and that’s it. Because of this, the Memoji will become the default avatar for your iCloud account on all of your devices.
In Apple Forum users have also discussed the reasons and ways to correct it. You can check by accessing the link.
How to fix sync on a MacBook
Sometimes, you won’t be able to see the Animoji on your MacBook. This usually happens when you format or change the picture on your Mac display.
Check your Mac’s contact card picture settings.
Make sure iCloud is selected here, then click Done.
Congratulations, the new Memoji should be everywhere.
This is how you connect or sync the Memoji to all of your Apple devices that sync with your cloud. If you can’t get to the Memoji on the Apple device link to it and connect to Apple Support at all times.