Do you wish to play your favorite music on YouTube with the screen off? Then this is the best place to find the latest tips. In 2022 and beyond, it is the era of audio as more and more people are getting busy in their lives. Whether students, housewives, or working professionals, no one has enough time to watch hours of content in their day-to-day lives.
In addition, podcasts are trending these days. So people want to listen to their favorite podcasters while driving to work, cooking, doing housework, etc. However, as you know, YouTube does not support playing audio in the background while you do your work. Further, there could be times when you need to respond to an urgent text message or make a to-do list on your phone. Or you just want to check out your gallery for a good picture.
Unless you have a premium YouTube subscription, it will not allow you to do any of those things. The frustrating part is that, once you close the window, you need to spend some time searching for the video or music before you can start listening to it. But here are a few ways to tackle this problem. Let’s get started.
Method 1: Use Brave Browser for Android YouTube
Brave browser is not a popular application but is definitely an underrated one. It helps in YouTube background play with privacy and ad-blocking features. The brave browser provides the background video playback that you are looking for. Follow these steps to get it:
- Go to Google Playstore and type brave browser in the search bar. Press enter and click on Install.
- Furthermore, launch the app and click on the three dots menu icon.
- Go to settings and find the option ‘Background video playback.’
- Enable the option and relaunch the browser for this to take effect.
- Go to m.youtube.com, play your favorite song and try to come out and do something else on your phone.
- As you do it, you will see it working. Now switch off your screen and check whether the music is still playing. If it does not play, \ mode.
Furthermore, ensure that notifications are turned on for Brave Browser. In case, the music stops after playing for some time, disable battery optimization for this specific browser.
Method 2: Use Google Chrome Browser on your Phone
- Go to your regular Chrome browser and click on the three Vertical ellipsis ( ⋮ ) from top right corner.
- Enable the desktop site and once again go to m.youtube.com.
- Again, play your favorite music video and press your home button. As you do this, the music will stop playing which is expected.
- Scroll down on your notification area and tap on the play button. Furthermore, you can switch off the screen and you will see the music still playing.
Pro tip: For the Chrome browser, you need to keep your notifications turned on as well as disable battery optimization.
Method 3: Get Float Tube App To Play YouTube Videos
Not everyone can afford or need the YouTube premium subscription which allows playing YouTube with the screen off. Follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Play store and search for Float Tube.
- After the Float Tube option comes up, click on Install and wait for the process to complete.
- Launch the app and select a video of your choice to play.
- As you do it, the video will start playing and floating on your home page screen. Switch off the screen and check if the video is still playing.
- You can play videos from the official YouTube app as well by clicking on share for your favorite video.
- When the sharing options come up, locate the Float Tube app and click on it.
- Now the video will start playing on the floating app. Here you can continue using your other apps while watching or listening to the audio.
Method 4: Sign up for YouTube Premium
Youtube premium offers you a great experience and allows you to play videos/music in the background even when the screen is locked. It comes with lots of other features such as uninterrupted videos without ads, and Premium YoutTube music with download features.
Many websites may suggest you install third-party apps which may look appealing. Unfortunately, not all of them are safe and it’s a tough and time-consuming job to find a genuine one. Therefore, the best way to play YouTube videos with the screen off is through one of these methods.