If there’s something strange in the neighborhood and it doesn’t look good, then Midnight Ghost Hunt 8 is the game you’re gonna call.
The game is developed by Vaulted Sky Games. This spooktacular team-based multiplayer game is a fresh spin on the FPS genre. The closed beta for the ghoul-filled experience took place recently, offering a glimpse of the madness to come. Here’s everything you need to know about Midnight Ghost Hunt.
Also Read: The Best Zombie Games For iOS
- What is Midnight Ghost Hunt?
- Team Hunters
- Team Ghost
- Beginner tips
What is Midnight Ghost Hunt?
Midnight Ghost Hunt is a multiplayer horror game that pits asymmetrical teams against each other in 4v4 matches of scaretastic fun. There are two sides to experience: Hunter and Ghost. Hunters will have the task of rounding up the specters causing chaos. Ghosts, on the other hand, will need to disguise themselves as ordinary objects while preventing the Hunters from making it out alive!
The Hunters have until midnight to ensure the job is completed, otherwise, all hell will be let loose.
2. Team Hunters
2.1 Hunter’s primary objective
find and eliminate all Ghost threats! It’s not the easiest job, but someone has to do it. If the clock ticks past midnight, however, you’ll need to survive long enough to make it out, otherwise you’ll be joining your foes in the afterlife.
To survive till your evac arrives, you’ll need to ensure the generator is intact. This is crucial to changing your loadout, as it can grant items such as the Defibrillator to revive fallen teammates.
You’ll have plenty of weapons at your disposal. Here’s what you can use to make sure those pesky Ghosts stay in their ethereal world:
- Spectral Cannon: Standard issue for any worthy Hunter. Don’t cross the streams.
- Project X: A machine gun with a great firing rate. Be careful not to overheat it!
- Harpoon Bazooka: Trap Ghosts in place with this useful tool! It’ll shock your enemies for a short time, so try and get your teammates to help in the process.
- Reaper: This is Midnight Ghost Hunt’s take on the Sniper Rifle. It’ll fire a small dart that explodes three seconds later. Definitely worth a try.
- Ghostsmasher: The Ghostsmasher may lack a punch, but it’s enough to get you out of a pinch. A solid melee weapon.
- Sledgehammer: Packing more punch than the Ghostsmasher, the Sledgehammer is essential for breaking objects and revealing the locations of Ghosts.
- Salt Shotgun: Your best friend for Anti-Ghost goodness. Fires salt shakers for a knockback effect.
- Frostbite: Slow Ghosts down with this freezing take on an SMG.
Aside from your arsenal of Ghost-blasting weapons, you’ll also need gadgets to aid in your mission.
- Radar: The Radar will only give you a rough sense of where your foes are, so don’t rely on it too much.
- Spectrophone: You’ll only be able to detect if a Ghost is in front or near with this gadget.
- Pathfinder: Ghost footprints will be visible for 30 seconds with this gadget, use it wisely!
- Vacuum: Clean up Ghost shards to prevent them from coming back before midnight.
- Trap: Hold Ghosts down in place and prevent them from possessing others. If broken, get another at the generator.
- Grenade: A grenade you can cook before throwing to damage any ghosts in the vicinity.
- Defibrillator: Use it to revive fallen teammates, but watch out for any ghosts hiding nearby.
- Grappling Hook: Fling up and across maps – great for maps with a lot of verticalities.
- C4: Explosives that can be attached to both props and ghosts. Detonate them for massive damage.
- Lightweight: Move faster but become more fragile in the process.
- Juggernaut: Gain more stun resistance and health, but you’ll be far slower.
- Cold Blooded: This perk allows you to stay hidden through walls, but be careful, Ghosts that get up close can still see you!
- Healing Aura: Heal teammates and, more importantly, yourself.
- Extended Mag: Stay stocked up with additional ammo.
- Extra Gear: Gains extra Gadgets before needing to revisit the Generator.
- Quick Reload: Reload faster than ever before.
Also Read: 8 Best Games On Steam 2022! (New Releases)
3. Team Ghost
Ghosts will need to hide in the first segment of the game, then prevent the Hunters from escaping with their lives during the Midnight phase. These foes from the afterlife can use props to inflict damage on Hunters but will do less damage before midnight. Stay hidden, be smart, and coordinate your attacks! Ghosts can use the Shrine to change their loadout at any time during the match.
Your main abilities. Used to trick or damage Hunters as they chase or flee from you.
- Phantom: Slip away from Hunters for a short time with this cloaking ability.
- Spirit: Time to fly! Transform into a spirit orb to fly briefly.
- Miasma: Damage Hunters and their traps with this deadly mist.
- Doppelganger: Who are you? Clone a Hunter and take on their form, but be cautious, as attacking will reveal your true nature.
- Poltergeist: Make an object floating menacingly. It will then attack a Hunter if they approach it.
- Corruptor: Corrupt objects that are currently unpossessed, causing them to explode on impact.
- Apparition: Fool Hunters with a fake Ghost during battle.
- Trickster: Move a Prop to the desired location instantly.
- Telekinesis: Throw a Prop at a player to cause damage.
- Death Grip: While this can be seen by Hunters, if used well, this trap can hold Hunters in place.
Haunts only activate once a ghost has been eliminated. You’ll be able to move through the map and target the opposing side from the after-afterlife.
- Chill: Scare Hunters with a chill, slowing them down in the process to allow a quick getaway.
- Cold Spot: Manifest false radar readings to keep Hunters at bay.
- False Trail: Create false footprints that can be seen on the Pathfinder.
- Medium: Use ‘area voice chat’ to fool Hunters and distract them.
- Push Object: Push objects to damage and scare Hunters.
- Health Orb: Spawn a healing orb that your teammates can use.
- Hallucinate: Play distracting Ghost sounds that can mess with the Spectrophone.
- Shove: Shove Hunters into objects or even off ledges!
- Ghostly Reach: Increases your possession range.
- Ecto-slow: Less visibility on a Hunters Radar. Doesn’t affect footprints.
- Shatterproof: Prevent objects (small and medium) from shattering on impact when moving.
- Heavyweight: Objects are more durable but don’t grant a damage boost. Good for aggressive players.
- Ghostly Focus: Shorter cooldown for your Haunt abilities. Do not change your possess or attack stats.
- Perception: See Hunters and Traps through walls during the Midnight Phase. Hunters with the Cold-Blooded perk can only be seen up close.
- Untrappable: Reduce the time it takes to get out of a trap.
4.1 Midnight Ghost Hunt Minimum Requirements
- OS: Windows 7, 8, and 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel i3-4130 or AMD Ryzen 3
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 580 or equivalent with at least 4GB VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 25 GB available space
4.2 Midnight Ghost Hunt Recommended Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 / AMD FX 8320
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti / Radeon Vega 64
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 25 GB available space
Also Read: 10 Popular Online Games In 2022
5. Midnight Ghost Hunt 8: Best Beginner Tips
5.1 The Tutorials are very important
Midnight Ghost Hunt isn’t a particularly complicated game but it does have a lot of moving parts to understand before diving into online matches. To put things simply, yes, the tutorials should be completed right away. Not only are the tutorials for ghost hunting and haunting useful, but they also give players time to get used to the various abilities.
Once the ghost hunter and ghost tutorials are complete, each of which only takes around five minutes, eager paranormal enthusiasts can play around in two tutorial areas, a garage for the ghost hunters and a cemetery for the ghosts. Each area allows players to practice with abilities and items.
5.2 Mouse and Keyboard or Controller
Given that Midnight Ghost Hunt is currently only a PC early access game, many players might be wondering if you can enjoy the game with various control inputs. Fortunately, the answer is a resounding yes. Even in early access, the developers of Midnight Ghost Hunt, Vaulted Sky Games, have given everyone the ability to use a mouse and keyboard or a controller.
Whichever input method players use will still give a well-rounded experience of the game. The key bindings and button inputs for a controller and automatically setup which creates a hassle-free experience right from the get-go.
5.3 Getting to grips with each role
As mentioned previously, Midnight Ghost Hunt has players assume two distinct roles in four on four matches. Once the quick match option has been selected or after choosing a game from a list of servers, players are automatically put into teams of ghost hunters or ghosts with a new game typically swapping roles to give everyone a fair shot at the experience.
To boil things down, ghost hunters must do everything they can within the first five minutes of the game to vanquish each of the ghosts. Ghosts on the other hand must simply survive until the clock strikes midnight. The simplicity of Midnight Ghost Hunt belies a truly staggering level of intricacy once players spend enough time in various games.
5.4 The Ghostly hour
At this point, the clock strikes midnight, the ghostly hour, the game completely spins on its head. The ghosts, typically the hunted, now become the hunters. After five minutes into a match, ghosts now turn a spooky ethereal red and can deal enormous damage to the ghost hunters while also utilizing the environment with better results than the first half of the match. If a ghost happened to be destroyed or vacuumed up early on, as long as one ghost survived, all of them return from the grave to fight another night.
It’s now the ghost hunters’ turn to survive. This will typically be done through teamwork and finding ways to foil or sabotage the ghosts’ plans. Ghost hunters still have their weapons and abilities, however, they are now much less effective against the vengeful ghostly hour specters.
5.5 The Hunter Workbench
Ghost Hunters are going to want to spend a considerable amount of time pre-match to pick a starting loadout. Ghost hunter loadouts are broken up into weapons, abilities, and perks. The default starting weapon for ghost hunters is the Spectral Cannon, a weapon that shoots out large energy balls to damage ghosts. Of course, the game also has a bevy of other unlockable weapons such as the Salt Shotgun or the Reaper.
Apart from weapons, ghost hunters can also use various tools of the trade which help them find hidden ghosts. Things like energy meters and vacuums can help turn the tide for hunters. At any point during a match, ghost hunters can walk up to their team’s workbench to swap out gear on the fly.
5.6 The Ghost Shrine
Similarly, ghosts also have their own “safe haven” in the form of the ghost shrine. Each match gives the ghosts a shrine that they can return to in order to swap out ghost abilities, haunts, and perks. Much like ghost hunters, swapping out abilities and haunts will be an optimal strategy in order to balance out a team of ghosts in a given match.
5.7 Understanding Shards
Midnight Ghost Hunt has a form of in-game currency known as Shards. These blue ethereal shards can be used for many different things. First and foremost, shards are used to purchase new weapons, abilities, haunts, and perks, for both the hunters and ghosts respectively.
These items can be purchased from the main menu or during a match at the ghost hunter workbench or the ghost shrine. Shards can also be used to unlock a host of customization items. Things such as outfits, ghost skins, emotes, and taunts can all be purchased with the in-game shard currency. You gain new shards simply by playing the game, getting experience, and leveling up.
5.8 Hiding in Plain Sight
One last thing to remember when hoping into this game, specifically for the ghosts, is that almost any object strewn about one of the many stages can be used to possess. The name of the game for ghosts during the pre-midnight part of the match comes down to a hide and seek scenario. Ghosts can freely hop between objects and can even throw objects that they are possessing.
However, ghosts also build up an ectoplasm meter. The longer a ghost stays still, the quicker the ectoplasm meter builds up. Once enough ectoplasm has been built up, a residue is left behind which makes it easier to be found by the ghost hunters. To avoid this, simply stay mobile and active as a ghost, hopping between objects, and using your abilities to stay far away from the hunters.
So, this is all about this article, if you liked it and want more articles on the game Midnight ghost hunt 8, then please let us know in the comments.