As the hybrid workforce takes shape, some employees will be able to return to work securely, while others will be able to work remotely, or a combination of both. Organizations will have to figure out how to keep their dispersed workforce linked and ensure that everyone can participate in the same collaborative experience. That’s where Zoom Rooms, a conference room option, comes in. Zoom Rooms are very useful for features that allow all participants with— regardless of location — feel like they have an equal presence in a conference room environment. They’re designed to incorporate the same easy Zoom experience into your conference rooms.
However, as businesses adopt solutions like Zoom Rooms to accommodate their hybrid workforce, it’s critical to understand how to implement the necessary security measures so that they can provide a safe and productive meeting space straight away.
Security recommendations for Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms, like all of our other innovations, is built on a foundation of security. When you join a meeting from a Zoom Room, you have access to the same security features as when you join from a Zoom Room.
- Zoom Rooms are protected by a security evaluation process with hardware partners, 256-bit AES-GCM encryption, and a powerful set of security measures.
- These Zoom Rooms features, like those in Zoom Meetings, are intended to safeguard user and meeting privacy while also promoting a consistent Zoom experience. Here are some dos and don’ts to follow in order to customize Zoom Rooms’ security features to your needs and lock down your conference room meeting.
- Use the Security icon to your advantage: A Security icon will appear at the bottom of your screen or on your Zoom Rooms Controller whenever you start a meeting in your Zoom Room. With options like “Lock Meeting,” “Enable the Waiting Room,” “Suspend Participant Activities,” and more, you may utilize this icon to take a variety of safety precautions.
- Hide host and ID from private meetings: When admins want to keep the meeting host and meeting ID, as well as the meeting topic, hidden from the Zoom Rooms display for private meetings, they can enable this setting in the Zoom Rooms account settings.
- Send whiteboard exclusively to internal contacts: Zoom Rooms for Touch whiteboards can be configured to only allow sharing with internal users for further protection. Admins can enable this option account-wide or on a device-by-device basis.
- Require the encryption for third-party endpoints: Zoom has one of the setting that may be enabled by the meeting host or an admin for all users and accounts to require encryption for H323/SIP third-party endpoints. Those phoning in through SIP/H.323 will be required to employ encryption when dialling into the Zoom conference if this option is selected.
Also read: Which Is Better Google Meet Or Zoom?
- In public spaces, display the sharing key on a screen: Participants can connect to a Zoom Room in a variety of ways, including using a shared key. If an outsider obtains a key, they may share inappropriate content in the meeting, therefore be cautious about exposing sharing keys in public areas.
- Accept receiving camera control requests automatically: Carefully examine any incoming camera control requests, as allowing an outside party to manage your camera could result in meeting disruptions.
- Automatically start or stop scheduled meetings: Admins can set all Zoom Rooms in an account to start or stop automatically based on calendars. If you share a conference room with others or if someone else has access to your conference room, you should disable this option to avoid unauthorized access to your calendar.
Securing the heterogeneous workforce of today
Users of Zoom Rooms may experience seamless and secure communication while avoiding potential disruptions by following these tips and tactics. Organizations can establish a realistic and scalable approach to security that will grow as they operationalize the hybrid workforce by keeping security top of mind. Businesses can both limit risk and preserve flexibility and scalability by safe and productive cooperation into their operations.
Trending News: 6 Best Alternatives To Zoom in 2021