By now, everyone is quite aware of the spectacular word game Wordle. Wordle is the internet’s new sensation. Josh Wardle’s Wordle has inspired many clones like Dordle, Taylordle, Quordle, worldle and now Absurdle. In this article, you will learn everything about Absurdle. This article will answer the questions such as What is Absurdle and where to play it?
With back-to-back successful wordle clones appearing on the screen, Wordle lovers have so many options today. So, if you are done with today’s Wordle, you can go ahead and try out these clones. Word games are pretty good for the brain.
Tired of Wordle? Try 5 Best Free Alternatives To Wordle Game!
Table of contents
- What is Absurdle?
- How to play it?
- Rules to play Absurdle!
- Wordle vs Absurdle
- Modes of Absurdle
Now, let us discuss these points about this wordle clone one by one.
1. What is Absurdle?
Absurdle is indeed a tricky wordle clone. When you play this game, there is no secret word of the day. Instead, the secret word is decided based on the words you enter as a guess. Software developer Sam Hughes developed this game. According to the developer, It is an adversarial version of the marvelous word game Wordle. The term “Adversarial” refers to the Absurdle’s deliberate attempt to avoid providing you the answer.
- Absurdle provides as little information as possible with each guess, altering the secret word if needed.
- So, It is quite difficult to play except for the relief that it provides unlimited chances to guess.
- In short, Absurdle is all about deception. The chances of winning rest on your ability to capture the system on its hook.
Also Read: All About Dordle: More Evil Than Wordle
2. How to play Absurdle?
In this snippet, we will be discussing how to play Absurdle which is a tricky wordle clone. So, keep on reading:
- Go to the official Absurdle website
- Start playing the game by entering your first guess.
- Random guess: This option allows the system to enter randomly chosen five-letter words automatically.
- Give up: By clicking on this, you give up the game and the secret word is revealed.
- You can enter as many guesses as possible.
- The best possible Absurdle score is in 4 guesses.
So, this is how to play Absurdle. This is a tricky Wordle variant. So, I think, the rule of unlimited guesses is quite justified. It is a web-based game and can be easily accessed on iPad,iPhone, Android, etc.
Also Read: Taylordle: Wordle For Taylor Swift Fans
3. Rules to play Absurdle!
The rules are almost similar to Wordle. However, there is a slight difference. So, in this snippet, the rules to play this Wordle clone will be discussed:
- You get unlimited chances to play the game.
- The guess should be After each guess, the tiles will change color.
- Brown: The alphabet is in the word but not placed correctly.
- Green: The letter is in the word and is correctly positioned.
- Grey: The letter is not in the word.
- The guess should be a five-letter word.
So, these are the rules of playing this Wordle clone. Be informed that the sole purpose of the Absurdle’s mechanism is to make you hit the Give up button. In short, the game relies on your ability to compel the algorithm to limit the word list to the word you’ve selected.
Also Read: Wordle: Strategies And Tips To Play Like A Pro
4. Wordle vs Absurdle
Although this word game is strongly inspired by Wordle, there is a slight difference between the two. So, the difference between Wordle and Absurdle are given below:
- In Wordle, the player is allowed to make only 6 guesses.
- Whereas, the players can make an unlimited number of guesses in Absurdle.
- Additionally, there is a secret word as the Wordle of the day in the famous word game Wordle.
- However, there is no secret word as the word of the day in Absurdle.
- Rather, the secret word is decided based on the words you enter as guesses.
5. Different modes on Absurdle
There are different modes of this tricky word game. You can set a particular mode in the Settings. To go the Settings, just click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner of the homepage. So, below are the different modes of this word game:
- Hard mode: In Hard Mode, the player is required to use all of the letters from prior guesses that have received favorable feedback in the subsequent guesses, as is the case in Wordle. Logically, the system would turn those letters green that appears the most frequently in the Absurdle word list.
- Challenger Mode: You are given a target word in the challenger mode which you must force the system to accept as the solution word.
- Timed Mode: In this mode, the player gets 60 seconds per guess. If you fail to guess in 60 seconds, you run out of time.
- Expanded mode: In the expanded mode, the word list expands and incorporates more obscure words like ” PHPHT” and “XYLYL”. Ultimately, elevating the difficulty level.
Also Read: Worldle: A Unique Map Wordle for Geography Lovers
So, that’s it. This is all about Absurdle: a trickier clone of Wordle. Word games like Wordle are going crazy viral on the internet these days. Thanks to their simplicity and no nagging ad pop-ups. Additionally, these games are extremely helpful in keeping your mind occupied. Also, playing word games like Wordle, Dordle, etc. acts as an exercise to the brain. These games improve the overall functioning of the various parts of the brain as well as enhance creativity skills and memory power. So, in this article, we tried to answer the following FAQs:
- What is Absurdle?
- What is Absurdle Twitter?
- Where to play Absurdle?