This article is for all Wordle lovers. The viral word game ‘Wordle‘ has inspired many clones of it like Taylordle, Dordle, Quordle and Worldle. All these Wordle clones are special in their way. Likewise, now we have another ‘rdle’ known as Nerdle. It is super fun and exciting. So, in this article, you will learn all about Nerdle: Wordle for Math Nerds.
Wordle has won the hearts of millions. Surprisingly, Twitter is flooded with posts containing #Wordle. Inspired by its immense popularity, many developers have developed games like Wordle. So, Nerdle is one of such games. Importantly, It is specially designed for math nerds.
Also Read: Worldle: A Unique Map Wordle for Geography Lovers
Table of contents
- What is Nerdle?
- How to play Nerdle?
- Rules of Nerdle?
- Nerdle vs Wordle!
- Share Nerdle results!
- How to ace Nerdle?
Also Read: Quordle: Next Level Wordle Clone To Blow Your Mind
Nerdle: Wordle for Math Nerds!
If you consider yourself a maths nerd then Nerdle is tailor-made for you. This numerical game is an awesome way to test your maths skills. Now, let us learn what Nerdle is in detail:
1. What is Nerdle?
Nerdle is maths-oriented. In this game, the players are required to guess the mathematical calculation(Nerdle) of the day. Also, It is a bit easier than Wordle. So, all you need to do is to enter correct mathematical equations such as 22-12=10. There are eight boxes in a row.
- In each box, you are required to enter a digit, arithmetic symbol and ‘=’ sign.
- Additionally, It is worth mentioning that an arithmetic symbol may appear more than once in a sum.
- Richard Mann, a British data scientist created Nerdle.
Also Read: Taylordle: Wordle For Taylor Swift Fans
Nerdle is inspired by Josh Wardle’s Wordle. In the next snippet, we will be discussing the rules to play Nerdle.
2. How to play Nerdle?
- Go to Nerdlegame.com.
- Now, start playing by entering your first guess.
- You are given six chances to guess the Nerdle.
- To get a clear understanding, refer to the rules of this game below.
Hard Mode: You can activate the Hard mode in the Settings. You may disable cumulative answers. It implies that to win, you must get the number exactly correctly( meaning that 6+7 is no longer acceptable if the answer is 7+6).
Also Read: All About Dordle: More Evil Than Wordle
3. Rules of Nerdle
The rules of the game are quite similar to Wordle. To get a more clear understanding of What Nerdle is, you need to learn about its rules first:
- You get 6 chances to guess the Nerdle.
- Also, a new Nerdle is set every day.
- The tiles change color after each guess.
- Here, Green means the character is at the right spot.
- Purple means the character is in the solution but not at the right spot.
- Black means the character is not in the Nerdle.
- Every guess is a mathematical calculation.
- You can use 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 + – * / or =.
- Every guess must contain ‘=’.
- There must be a number to the right of ‘=’, no other calculations allowed.
- Also, * and / must be calculated before + and -.
Also Read: 5 Reasons- One Should Never Try Wordle
Nerdle vs Wordle
Both the games are quite similar. Still, there are minor differences that can be noticed. So, these differences are given below:
- In Wordle, players guess the word of the day.
- In Nerdle, we guess the mathematical calculation of the day.
- Also, Wordle is vocabulary-oriented.
- Nerdle is maths-oriented.
- In Wordle, the color of the tiles changes to Green, grey and yellow.
- However, the tiles in Nerdle change to purple, green and black.
Also Read: Wordle: Strategies And Tips To Play Like A Pro
How to share Nerdle Results?
After winning the Nerdle, you get the option to share its results on social media. All you need to do is to click on the Share button and the results will be copied to your clipboard. Then, go ahead copy the results in your social media posts.
How to ace Nerdle?
Well, if you are good at maths, you can win this game. But, if you are not good at math, you can still ace it. Because the game requires knowledge of basic arithmetic calculations.
- Repetition: Changing the color of the tiles can indicate a lot about the Nerdle of the day. So, If you get more green tiles, it means you are moving towards the solution.
- Black tiles: Don’t repeat the characters that have turned black. Because, If you repeat that, you may waste a chance.
- Play mindfully: Be focussed and don’t play in a rush. Also, every guess should be a strategic one. Additionally, take your time and play with patience.
So, this is all about Nerdle: wordle for math nerds. In simple words, this game is interesting as well as fun. According to studies, such games improve the functioning of various areas of the brain. Additionally, they help in improving memory power as well as enhance creativity. So, you must go ahead and try this numerical Wordle clone.
Also Read: 5 Best Free Alternatives To Wordle Game