Game screen recorders are the tools that help you capture your gameplay in fine quality. You can do a lot with these screen recordings. You can share them on your social media accounts. Most importantly, these gameplay recordings are extensively used in making YouTube videos. So, in this article, let us discuss the 10 best game screen recorders for PC.
If you are looking for the best gameplay recorder for your PC, you are at the right place. In this piece, we will be discussing the 10 best game screen recorders for PC. So, without any further digression, let us continue with this delightful article.
10 Best Game Recorders for PC
- Streamlabs OBS
- PassFab Screen Recorder
- Xbox Game Bar
So, these are the 10 best game screen recorders for Windows.
Now, let us discuss these tools one-by-one in detail.
ManyCam is primarily a live-streaming application. It is one of the best game screen recorders for PC. This software can efficiently record your gameplay. Additionally, it supports Facebook and YouTube Live streaming. You get many features with it to improve the quality of live-streaming and gameplay recording. Some of its features are given below:
- It allows live-streaming as well as gameplay recording.
- ManyCam has many features.
- It supports YouTube and Facebook Live.
- It works smoothly on Windows 11, 10, 8
Also Read: How To Record Videos On Netflix
2. Streamlabs OBS
StreamLabs OBS is also an amazing tool to record gameplay. With this, you can live stream as well as record quality gameplay. Additionally, it has high-quality features that make recording and streaming easier. Some of its features are given below:
- It is easy to use.
- Streamlabs OBS is free.
- It supports various plugins.
- It can be used for both streaming and recording.
- Allows Multistreaming on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch.
Action is one of the best game recorders for PC. It works smoothly and efficiently on the Windows platform. It uses GPU and puts less strain on the CPU. The gameplay recording quality is also decent( Up to 4k). It also supports various platforms such as YouTube and Twitch. Additionally, it gives the users the option to add live commentary. Moreover, basic editing options such as slow-motion, cropping, etc as also provided. So, below are some of the Pros of using Action software:
- Easy to use.
- Many features are provided.
- Uses GPU instead of CPU.
- Supports high-definition recording.
- Allows easy file sharing.
4. PassFab Screen Recorder
PassFab is also one of the best game screen recorders on PC. With this, you can record high-quality videos of your gameplay. You can record your computer screen, webcam, and most importantly your gameplay in high definition. So of its features are given below:
- You can record full screen.
- It also allows regional recording.
- PassFab is easy-to-use.
- You can also record the webcam.
- Provides four options for setting frame rates: 15, 30, 45, and 60 FPS.
- Supports MP4 and MKV format.
- Also gives to option to upload videos on YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
Also Read: How To Screen Record On Your iPad
Another name on the list of best game screen recorders for PC is Captivate. It is mainly used for making tutorials and eLearning videos. Moreover, it can also be used for screen recording. So, some of its features are given below:
- It can optimize the content for any screen size.
- The videos can be saved in MP4 format.
- You can publish the final video for desktop or web use.
- It can convert PowerPoint Presentations into interactive videos.
Bandicam is among the best screen recorders for Windows. It allows high-quality recording of the gameplay with up to 4K resolution. A cherry on the top is that even the highest quality recordings are small-sized. It is due to its in-built compression feature. Moreover, videos can be recorded at variable frame rates. Additionally, the recordings can be customized for gaming as well as other activities on the PC. So, some of its pros are mentioned below:
- The Built-in compression feature is very useful.
- Supports high-quality recordings.
- Gives the option to adjust the recording area.
Also Read: 8 Best Screen Recorder for Mac
GoPlay is a screen recording tool that lets you record the entire screen or a portion of it. It is easy to use. It enables you to dub your voice. Moreover, it is free to use. You can record fast-paced games with a frame rate of up to 60 fps. In addition, it supports high-definition recordings with up to 4K resolution. So, some of its features are mentioned below:
- It also provides basic editing features.
- Provides various filters.
- It allows the removal of unwanted sound from the video.
- Videos as sharable to platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.
- Runs smoothly on Windows, Android, and iOS.
Gamecaster is one of the most user-friendly and powerful recording tools. In addition to streaming, it is also used for recording gameplay in high quality. You can record the screen with just a single click. Features like PiP(Picture-in-Picture) and video captions are also provided. Moreover, it also acts as a great video editor. With this, you can easily edit videos and upload them on various sites such as YouTube. Some of its pros are given below:
Paintnet Icon – Xsplit Broadcaster Logo @seekpng.com
- It is free to use.
- Gamecaster provides the option of recording as well as editing.
- It is easy to use.
Movavi is one of the greatest game recorders for PC. It has a slew of screen recording options as well as post-recording tools. It has a modern interface and supports easy navigation. A cherry on the top is that it enables the users to integrate webcam and microphone voiceover to the recording. You can record high-quality videos with a resolution of up to 4K. Additionally, you get the option to adjust the capture area. So, some of its features are mentioned below:
- Numerous post-editing tools.
- So many features are there.
- Can turn Video into GIF.
- Supports customizable capture area.
10. Xbox Game Bar
If you need a simple tool to just record your gameplay, the Xbox game bar is perfect for you. This tool is available on Windows 10 and 11 by default. All you need to do is to press the Win+Alt+R key combination to launch the recorder shortcut. It lets you choose and set the frame rate( 30fps to 60 fps). Additionally, you can adjust the recording quality depending on the context. To open this tool on your Windows 10/ 11 PC, enter the Win+G key combination. So, some of its features are given below:
Note: Xbox Game bar provides basic recording options. So, it is good for beginners. However, if you want to use advanced recording tools, kindly refer to the tools mentioned above.
- It is free and easy to use.
- Best for beginners.
- No need to download( is available on Windows 10/11 by default).
So, that’s it for now. These are the 10 best game recorders for Windows PC.So, go ahead and try these options as per your preference. Notably, the Xbox bar is Microsoft’s own gameplay recording tool. It is in-built in Windows 10 and 11. Last but not the least, if you face any technical issues while downloading these tools, do let us know in the comment section. We would love to help you. So, we tried to answer the following FAQs through this piece:
- Which is the best game recorder for PC?
- What are the best game recorders for Windows 10?
- Which is the best game recording for PC?