Below is the list of the 20 YouTube songs that have received the most views on the social media platform.
One of the most accurate measures of a song’s popularity is how many times it has been viewed on YouTube; once a video reaches one billion views, you can be sure it is one of the most well-known songs ever.
Every music lover knows that watching a fantastic music video more than once is fun, yet very few videos are chosen to join YouTube’s particular “billion views club.”
You may find out by reading the list of the 20 YouTube songs that have received the most views below.
#1. Despacito- 8 billion views
In 2022, are you still bopping to Daddy Yankee and Luis Fonsi’s Spanish-language banger? We report it as the number-one genuine song on the list.
- Release Date: January 12, 2017, was written by Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, and Erika Ender.
- Language: Spanish language
- Genre: Reggaeton and Latin pop music.
Also Read: [Fixed] iOS 15.4.1 Apple Music Not Playing Songs
#2. Shape of you- 5.8 billion views
Ed Sheeran had a very prosperous year in 2017. It seemed like an Ed Sheeran song was playing wherever you went.
- Release Date: January 6, 2017, Shape of You was available on YouTube.
- Genre: The song combines pop and tropical houses.
#3. See you again- 5.6 billion views
See You Again, the song that finally overcame “Gangnam Style’s” dominance on YouTube, occupied the #1 spot from July 10 until August 4, 2017.
- Release Date: March 10, 2015, released by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth.
- Genre: Hip Hop, Pop Rap
#4. Uptown Funk- 4.7 billion views
American singer-songwriter Bruno Mars and British record producer Mark Ronson collaborated on the song UpTown Funk.
- Release Date: The single was made available on November 10, 2014.
- Genre: Boogie, disco-pop, Minneapolis sound
Also Read: Top Digital Marketing Trends To Adopt In 2022
#5. Gangnam Style- 4.5 billion views
Gangnam Style is undoubtedly one of the first on this list and the prototypical viral YouTube video.
- Release Date: On July 15, 2012, Psy’s official YouTube channel posted the video.
- Language: South Korean song by K-pop superstar Psy.
- Genre: K-Pop, Dance Pop
#6. Dame Tu Cosita- 4.1 billion views
The animation song was created by ArtNoux and directed by Sihem OUILLANI.
- Release Date: April 2, 2018
- Language: Spanish
- Genre: Reggaeton
#7. Sugar- 3.7 billion views
Filmmaker David Dobkin filmed the single’s accompanying music video in Los Angeles. It includes Maroon 5 ruining weddings in the city and is based on the romantic comedy Wedding Crashers from 2005.
- Release Date: On January 13, 2015, Maroon 5 recorded and released the track Sugar.
- Genre: Disco, funk-pop, and soul.
Also Read: Buying Refurbished Laptop A Good Idea Or Not?
#8. Roar- 3.6 billion views
Who hasn’t seen the Katy Perry “Roar” music video, in which she is featured in a jungle full of dangerous animals?
- Release Date: August 10, 2013
- Genre: Power Pop
#9. Counting Stars- 3.6 billion views
The song “Counting Stars” is from OneRepublic’s third studio album, “Native,” which features pop rock music (2013).
- Release Date: On May 10, 2013, the music video was shot in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Genre: Folk-pop, pop-rock, dance-pop
#10. Sorry- 3.6 billion views
On his fourth studio album, “Purpose,” Justin Bieber released the song “Sorry.” 13 nations had the song at the top of their charts, with Canada, where Bieber is from, enjoying seven weeks at the top.
- Release Date: On October 23, 2015, it was published.
- Genre: Dancehall pop, tropical house, moombahton
#11. Thinking out loud- 3.5 billion views
The English musician Ed Sheeran recorded Thinking Out Loud for his second studio album. Most of the music video was shot in Los Angeles, California’s Millennium Biltmore Hotel’s Crystal Ballroom.
Release Date: On September 24, 2014, it was made available in the US as the third single from the album.
Genre: Soft Rock
#12. Dark Horse- 3.3 billion views
American singer Katy Perry and American rapper Juicy J collaborate on the song “Dark Horse.”
Release Date: Its initial release date was September 17, 2013.
Genre: Electropop, Poprap, Trap
Also Read: Top 8 New Technology Inventions Of 2022
#13. Faded- 3.3 billion views
Faded was established by DJ and record producer Alan Walker from Norway. Iselin Solheim, a recording artist from Norway, contributed vocals to it.
Release Date: The song was made available on December 3, 2015.
#14. Girls like you- 3.3 billion views
From their sixth studio album Red Pill Blues, the American band Maroon 5 released the song “Girls Like You” (2017). Lead singers Adam Levine, Starrah, Gian Stone, Cirkut, and Jason Evigan, contributed to the song’s composition.
Release Date: May 30, 2018
#15. Let Her Go- 3.3 billion views
In Many Countries, the song sold more than a million copies and four million in a digital format in the UK and the US respectively, and also throned the charts in many nations.
- Release Date: On July 2012
- Language: English Song is sung by singer and songwriter Passenger.
- Genre: Folk rock, Soft Rock
#16. Bailando- 3.2 billion views
Four music videos have been recorded- Each one was filmed in two versions one in Spanish which is proven to be the most famous and the second one in Spanglish which is also viewed more than 250 million times.
- Release Date: On 11th April 2014.
- Language: Spanish song by Enrique Iglesias
- Genre: Latin pop, Flamenco, Dance
#17. Perfect- 3.2 billion views
‘Perfect’ was the Christmas Number One music of 2017.
- Release Date: On 26th September 2017.
- Language: English song sung by Ed Sheeran
- Genre: Pop
Also Read: 8 Best Web Hosting Provider 2022
#18. Lean On- 3.2 billion views
The Music video was shot in India and achieved critical success. Also staying on US Billboard Hot 100 at fourth place.
- Release Date: On 2nd March 2015
- Language: English song sung by Danish singer MØ
- Genre: Electronic, Bhangra, Moombahton
#19. Waka Waka- 3.2 billion views
An official song of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which took place in South Africa. The song was referenced from “Zamina mina (Zangaléwa) ” which was the Cameroonian song by Golden Sounds
- Release Date: On 7th May 2010.
- Language: English, Spanish sung by Colombian star Shakira.
- Genre: Afro-fusion, Soca
#20. Shake it Off- 3.2 billion views
Topped Billboard 100 and continued to rule the chart for successive 50 weeks.
- Release Date: On 19th August 2014.
- Language: English song sung by American Pop star Taylor Swift.
- Genre: Dance-pop